WHEN: Jun-27-2012 at 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
WHERE: McMaster University Student Centre, CIBC Hal
Focusing on health, nutrition and water related technologies and research with commercial implications.
Health, nutrition and water can have a tremendous impact on our health. As we begin to better understand the subtle connections between diet and health, new opportunities are emerging for academic knowledge to crossover into the commercial sector. For example, the growing interest in functional foods calls out for academic-industry partnerships. Similarly, in both abundance and scarcity, water remains an ongoing concern. Whether ensuring a potable supply, cleaning wastewater, or managing flooding, water issues need the combined attention of both academic researchers and industry.
The 2012 McMaster Innovation Showcase will give innovators the tools and knowledge they need to nourish the potential of their discoveries and inventions. Specifically this year’s event will feature:
- Keynote address by a thought leader about connecting university research with commercial challenges
- Technology presentations about McMaster’s health, nutrition and water related research
- Poster competition, containing inventions and discoveries with commercial potential
- Industry panel highlighting the trends in health, nutrition and water research, as well as innovation models that can enhance collaborations between the university and industry
- Opportunities to network with entrepreneurs, industry representatives and academic researchers who are developing and commercializing new technologies
- Closing reception featuring the McMaster Innovator Awards